I volunteered with DJ's Hope 4 Hearts to redesign their website. I created low-fidelity wireframes, a prototype, and then, after approval, I created the website using HTML and CSS.
I improved usability through rearranging the information hierarchy of the website and reorganizing the navigation of the site. I also added more information to the homepage to better illustrate what the charity does and how they help children and families dealing with heart conditions.
For the design, I chose a child-like font for the main headings, created a few icons, and added more imagery. I also created wave backgrounds to tie the design together.
I worked in a team on this project to provide Kingdom Strollers an evaluation of their site from a usability and user experience perspective. Kingdom Strollers allows users to rent strollers for Disney World. My team wrote a test protocol and then we each conducted a moderated usability test on a potential user. We evaluated the results from all of the tests and created findings and recommendations based on the evaluations. These results give light to opportunities Kingdom Strollers can take to improve their user experience.
As a project for my design class, I created a recipe app using Ruby on Rails. I followed tutorials for creating the app and then redesigned the app using HTML & CSS. This project focuses on front end development, so the design is simple. The main focus on this application's design was to adjust with the user, for example, if the user inputs a long description in the recipe, the width of the recipe box on the homepage would change.
Note: This is a Heroku app, so it will take a while to load.
I wrote this proposal as a class project to persuade a sponsor to fund the NBC 5/KXAS (WBAP) Television News Collection Digitization project for UNT Libraries. The proposal follows a request for proposal (RFP) from my teacher. This persuasive piece tells the sponsor how their funding would not only help UNT Libraries but also students, historians, journalists, and the community as a whole.
I worked in a team on this project to provide the Dallas Public Library with an evaluation of their site from a usability and user experience perspective. My team created a protocol which we sent to UserTesting.com. We conducted a heuristic evaluation of the website ourselves. We tested both the desktop version and the mobile version. We then evaluated the results from all of the tests and created findings and recommendations based on the evaluations.
I worked in a team to create an audience analysis of the Dallas Public Library. We each conducted an interview and together we made personas based off of the user interviews. I individually created empathy maps, journey maps, and user stories for the primary and secondary audiences of the Dallas Public Library as well.
I created the following animations. This project focuses on front end development. The design of the micro interactions are meant to create meaningful engagement with the user and gain their attention.
I designed the following wireframes, mockups, and prototypes inspired by the Curiosity app. Curiosity gives users daily articles on subjects that interest them. This was a simple UI project I did while learning Figma. The project focuses on creating different designs for desktop and mobile that are distinct and usable in their respective mediums but also cohesive as a brand.
I wrote this training guide on Adobe InDesign to help new employees at a fictitious company use the software. In this document, I focused on creating clear, meaningful steps that the user can follow to teach them the basic tools that they would be using in their daily work. This document also includes screenshots to further help the user follow along and learn. This training guide aligns with the Microsoft Style Guide.
I designed and coded this website.
I created my own brand, practiced clean & modern design, and learned how to code in HTML & CSS.
I redesigned a flyer that I found online for an event presented by UNT and Explorium Denton. In this redesign, I focused on exploring typography and layouts in both flyers and posters while keeping the design clean.
I wrote this white paper to showcase how augmented reality can help museums. This persuasive white paper describes the benefits to augmented reality and provides examples of some museum exhibits that have successfully implemented this innovative technology.